Monday, July 4, 2011

Chicken Thieves

I left for vacation on Friday.

In between the time I left and the time my chicken sitter came to lock up my birds at 8 that evening, four had gone missing. Some damn chicken thief decided to come into my yard and walk off with four of my hens.

Jokes partially on them, they haven't started laying yet. They are too tough at this age for meat and they aren't meat breeds, so they are not the best for a fried chicken dinner. But the fact that someone came into my yard and took my hens really pisses me off!

I am not in the mood to joke about it, and I know that people find it funny, but it is no funnier than someone breaking into your house and stealing your computer. I don't find it funny at all.

They stole two of the Buff Orpingtons and two of the Welsumers, including the one with the cool colour variation and if I get my hands on the bastards that took my birds, I am going all FRONTIER JUSTICE on their asses.

Anyways, if you are in the Seattle area and see my birds, call the police. Case# 11-214073.

Remember, not only are animals a predator and a threat to your chickens, humans can be too. Humans can be just as opportunistic as a raccoon. Keep your gate locked and when out of town, do not share the information with too many people.

Missing a toe.

Welsumer

The Buff Orpingtons

Welsumer

No comments:

Post a Comment